Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Top 5 Avon Lipsticks (shh there's actually 6)

Slave to Vanity

Avon Ultra Color Rich in Country Rose : A beautiful medium reddish coral with a sheen. Red easily comes to mind when you're looking at it in the bullet. But it never fully reaches the territory of red. However, this shade is perfect for a beginner to ease themselves into the world of red lipsticks.It's so easy to pull off despite being quite pigmented.

Avon Colordiasiac in Flirty Fuchsia (full review here) : I don't think I'll ever find another pink lipstick as beautiful as this bold,daring shade. A gorgeous hot pink shade with a creamy texture and fruity scent. It always injects the right pop of color.

Avon Colordiasiac in Red Hot Lips (full review here) : aka my first ever red lipstick purchase. A fire engine/tomato red which always satisfy my craving for danger. Bold, beautiful and alluring red with tiny shimmers that go almost invisible on the lips.Like Flirty Fuchsia it's creamy with a nice fruity scent.

Avon Ultra Color Rich in Instant Mocha : The name is misleading.Mocha suggests a brown shade but this is far from being a brown shade. It's a mauve medium pink. It's definitely not your average pink with light golden blue undertones running through it. It's quite dramatic, sometimes I consider this shade as a dirty pink but in a good way. A deep toned pink. It instantly brightens up my complexion and despite being a very pigmented shade it's still super wearable for everyday wear. I can easily tone down the color by using my finger to dab on the color on my lips for a natural looking finish. Another reason I love it? It looks great as a blush as it creates a nice flush with no shimmers. Versatile product = WIN. Non drying, applies smoothly and looks creamy on my lips.

Avon Smooth Minerals in Crystal Coral (full review here) : A light pinky coral.It's on the sheer side but it's buildable to give a medium coverage. However, I can never expect much color from this. It applies like a lipbalm, gliding very effortlessly on the lips It looks like a tinted lip balm. Great choice for everyday. It doesn't last long on the lips but its easy wearability and application more than compensates for it.

Avon Glazewear Silky Shine in Peach Silk (full review here) : Saving the best for last. My favorite lipstick from Avon. Peach Silk is a light peach/orange with tiny shimmers that go undetected on the lips. Gorgeous, glossy and creamy finish with seductive, yummy peach scent makes this the runaway winner in my eyes. Glides really smoothly with little to no trouble on my lips. Pretty rose gold tube is very attractive and very pleasing on the eyes. It almost satisfy my lust for a Michael Kors rose gold watch. Almost. :)I just have a lot of love for this lipstick. Obsessed doesn't even being to cover it.


No comments:

Post a Comment