Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Maybelline Lip Smooth Colorbloom Lipbalms

The concept behind these lipbalms is nothing new nor is it unique. Other brands came out with their own versions, way before Maybelline. I can't think of 1 brand right off the top of my head but nevertheless it's still impressive. Maybelline's offerings are my current obsessions so to speak ;). The idea is that once the white balm touches my lips, it would create a sheer pink/peach colour but it's not just any colour- but my very own shade. One that suits my skintone and thus I can honestly say that it is made to measure. It reacts with the chemicals found on your lips, therefore the transformation of the shade will vary from 1 girl to another. 

Packaging wise, these get a massive thumbs up from me.I don't tend to comment on a product's packaging as I genuinely believe it is what's inside that counts but I can't help but rave about the packaging of these lipbalms a tiny bit as I love it so much. Not only are they small (handy for touch ups/tossing it inside my make-up bag) adorable and colourful to look at but it's so practical and hygienic. Unlike other balms which mostly come in a very unhygienic tins/pots, you know the ones were you need to dip your finger in and out (all those germs being transmitted. eeughh!) these come in a nice handy little tube were all you have to do is twist it, to get the lipbalm out. So much better right? 

Out of the 2, Pink Blossom is noticeably more pigmented. From the very first moment it graces my lips, it transforms to a stunning subtle bright fuchsia pink. It applies quite sheer at first but it is buildable. I also find that as time progresses the colour deepens  a little bit more, leaving a beautiful wash of sheer pink on my lips. - TO DIE FOR. I always find myself staring at my lips infront of mirrors when I have it on. Peach Blossomon the other hand is definitely a lot less pigmented. It offers a certain amount of colour but not a whole lot. On my lips it turns to a muted beautiful soft peach. Think my lips but with added shine. They both leave my lips looking glossy with just the right amount of shine, nicely plump and healthy looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment